Published on: September 30, 2023
Gandhi Gram Puraskar
Why in news? 233 GPs in Karnataka to be awarded Gandhi Grama Puraskar on October 2nd (Gandhi jayanthi)
- Gram Panchayats in the state being awarded the Gandhi Grama Puraskar and the Vishesha Gandhi Grama Puraskar on October 2nd every year for their service to the people
- The Vishesha Gandhi Grama Puraskar will be awarded to Hosadu Gram Panchayat from Kundapur taluk, 80 Badagabettu in Udupi, Belavatige and Tattegeri Gram Panchayat in Haliyala taluk of Uttara Kannada district.
- These awards are given by the Ministry Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- Ministry will assessing the success of state and Centre-sponsored schemes related to drinking water, health and hygiene, tax collection, women empowerment and sanitation in panchayats.
- Each of these gram panchayats will receive Rs 5 lakh and the gram panchayat president and PDO will receive the award at a programme.