Published on: August 28, 2021
order ivermectin over the counter What is in news : Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change notified the eco-sensitive zone of Deepar Beel Wildlife Sanctuary
Lyrica tablets buy online Details :
- The notification specified an area “to an extent varying from 294 metres to 16.32 km” as the eco-sensitive zone with the total area being 148.9767 sq. km.
- Threats :
- Railway track — set to be doubled and electrified
- Garbage dumpand
- Encroachment for human habitation Commercial units
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS
- Located to the south-west of Guwahati city, in Kamrup district of Assam, India.
- Permanent freshwater lake, in a former channel of the Brahmaputra River, to the south of the main river.
- Wetland under the Ramsar Convention which has listed since November 2002, for undertaking conservation measures on the basis of its biological and environmental importance.
- Considered as one of the largest beels in the Brahmaputra valley of Lower Assam, it is categorised as a representative of the wetland type under the Burma monsoon forest biogeographic region.
- Important bird sanctuary habituating many migrant species.
- Freshwater fish is a vital protein and source of income for these communities; the health of these people is stated to be directly dependent on the health of this wetland ecosystem.