Published on: December 30, 2022
Why in news? Government of India provided a major fillip to the tourism sector through PRASAD scheme for a project at Bhadrachalam temples and another one at the Rudreshwar or the Ramappa temple
About Sita Ramachandraswamy temple
- It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Rama, a prominent avatar of the god Vishnu.
- River: Godavari
- Location: Bhadrachalam in east Telangana
- It is also revered as Dakshina Ayodhya.
- Central Icon : Rama’s consort Sita and brother Lakshmana
- Tradition : Vaishnavite Pancharatra Agama tradition
- Architecture: The temple has four entrances the Rajagopuram is called the Vaikuntha Dwaram. The temple houses a number of sub-shrines and a few mandapams.
- Built/Repaired : Bhakti saint Kancherla Gopanna
- Major event : Sri Sitarama Thirukalyana Mahotsavam
About Ramappa Temple
- It also known as the Rudreshwara temple dedicated to Lord Shiva
- Foundation : Sand Box Technique
- Location : Warangal ,Telangana
- Architect(s): Ramappa
- Type: Kakatiya architecture, Bhumija/Vesara style
- Creator: Recharla Rudra
- Marco Polo, called the temple “the brightest star in the galaxy of temples“
- Only temple in India to be named after its craftsman.
- Main structure is reddish sandstone, but the columns have large brackets of black basalt which is rich in iron, magnesium and silica.
- Temple was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site