Published on: December 28, 2022
Why in news? Bargarh town turns into Mathura as 11-day Dhanu Yatra started
About Dhanu Jatra or Dhanu Yatra
- It is an annual drama-based open air theatrical performance
- Location : Bargarh, Odisha.
- It is world’s largest open air theater, finds a mention in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Theme : Mythological story of Krishna (locally known as Krushna), and his demon uncle Kansa.
- Origin: Bargarh, in the present day play, the enactments of the play are being performed in many other places in Western Odisha.
- There is no written script used in these enactments.
- Accorded National Festival status to Dhanu Yatra by Government of India
- Mathura: main stage of the festival
- Ambapaali: Gopapura
- Jeera river: transformed into river Yamuna for these 10 days.
- Gobindpaali: Ashramas