Published on: September 28, 2023
Why in news? Global health specialists have issued a warning, suggesting Disease X could become next Pandemic
What is Disease X?
- Disease X refers to pathogen, (known/potentially unknown) that can cause large scale, serious pandemic leading to mass scale human disease
- It is possibly and plausibly caused by a ‘pathogen X’.
- Disease could be related to zoonotic disease likely from a RNA virus, emerging from epidemiological triad.
What are the Prevention strategy to be followed?
- Containment and mitigation strategies involve development and implementation of uniform international guidelines to control bioterrorism
- Immediate and appropriate travel restrictions including strict airport screening requires to be implemented to contain the spread of pathogen X across borders.
- Concentrated efforts to accelerate the access, rapid availability of immediate medical measures – test kits, vaccines, and first aid required before and during the pandemic.