Published on: September 28, 2023
Mahatma Gandhi Seva Award
Why in news? Mahatma Gandhi Seva Award 2023 was awarded to Garag flag-making unit
- Garag Kshetriya Seva Sangha (Garag in Dharwad district), is a national flag-making unit, that has been selected for the Award by the Karnataka government.
- The committee chaired by the retired Karnataka High court Judge B Veerappa made a choice for the award
About the Mahatma Gandhi Seva Award
- The award is conferred by Department of Information and Public relations
- It is to recognize and honour dignitaries who have served the society in meaningful manner based on Gandhi’s Principal
- The award, which carries Rs. 5 lakh cash, presented on October 2.
About Garag Kshetriya Seva Sangha
- It is closely associated with the Karnataka Khadi Gramodyoga Samyukta Sangh in Hubballi, only BIS-approved National Flag manufacturer in the country.
- Sangha is the first khadi and Industries organization in the country to be involved in the production of cloth required for Indian National Flag