Published on: December 29, 2021
http://sarmstore1.com/lgd-4033/ Governance department has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and State Bank of India (SBI) for enabling and implementing ‘e-RUPI’
WHAT IS E-RUPI
- Electronic voucher based digital payment system “e-RUPI”.
- Developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the National Health Authority
- Person-specific and purpose-specific payments system
How will it work
- Cashless and contactless digital payments medium
- Delivered to mobile phones of beneficiaries in form of an SMS-string or a QR code.
- Essentially be like a prepaid gift-voucher that will be redeemable at specific accepting centres without any credit or debit card, a mobile app or internet banking.
- Connect the sponsors of the services with the beneficiaries and service providers in a digital manner without any physical interface.
- Built by NPCI on its UPI platform has onboarded banks that will be the issuing entities.