Published on: December 28, 2021
SNIPPETS – 28 DECEMBER 2021
- The animal adoption fee in zoos across Karnataka has been hiked. A decision in this regard was taken at the 149th board meeting of the Zoo Authority of Karnataka (ZAK), which controls the zoos in the State. The species have been categorized in diamond class, gold class, silver class, and bronze class. The adoption is possible for a sum of ₹1,000 to ₹3,00,000 per annum.
- The Union Home Ministry has refused to renew the FCRA registration of Missionaries of Charity (MoC), a Catholic religious congregation set up by Nobel laureate Mother Teresa due to some adverse inputs. Foreign funding of persons in India is regulated under FOREIGN CONTRIBUTION (REGULATION) ACT and is implemented by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Minister for Road Transport and Highways asked automobile manufacturers to manufacture flex-fuel vehicles complying with BS-6 norms within six months. FLEXIBLE FUEL VEHICLES (FFVS) are Modified version of vehicles that run both on gasoline and doped petrol with different levels of ethanol blends and have compatible engines to run on more than 84 percent ethanol blended petrol.
- Vikram Misri former Ambassador to China has been appointed Deputy National Security Adviser
- NITI Aayog, has released the health index of States and Union Territories taking 2019-2020 as the reference year. Kerala has again emerged as the top ranking state in terms of overall health performance
- Rare black stick-like drawings of human beings have been found in two caves at Paibogula village in Kurnool district close to the Kundu River. These sites have rock art in black, red, and white pigments, along with cupules or cup marks of varying sizes, which need to be studied further for the exact dating
- Seven-term Rajya Sabha MP Mahendra Prasad passes away. He was the founder of Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- O. Wilson, the trailblazing U.S. scientist, professor and author whose study of insects and clarion call to protect earth earned him the nickname “Darwin’s natural heir” passed away