Published on: July 14, 2021
What is in news : Many aquaculture farmers in Andhra Pradesh are planning to update the details of their produce online and market their stocks through e-Santa, an electronic marketplace to export marine products
- Full form – Electronic Solution for Augmenting NaCSA farmers’ Trade in Aquaculture.
- What- Digital bridge to end the market divide and will act as an alternative marketing tool between farmers & buyers by eliminating middlemen.
- Use – Farmers can freely list their produce and quote their price while the exporters have the freedom to list their requirements and also to choose the products based on their requirements such as desired size, location, harvest dates etc.
- Full Form – National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture
- Extension arm of Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), Ministry of Commerce & Industry Govt. of India.
- Objectives – Encourage and uplift the small and marginal farmers through organization of clusters and maintaining Best Management Practices in shrimp culture.