Published on: August 18, 2021
What is in news : The registration of documents through KAVERI e-Swathu has been stopped following the migration to a new secure platform by the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj (RDPR) Department
- There are two documents available on E-Swathu:
- Form 9-known as A-Khata document, is created by the gram panchayat, specifically for non-agricultural properties under their jurisdiction.
- Form 11- issued by the respective gram panchayat offices for non-agricultural properties under their jurisdiction.
- The major role of E Swathu Karnataka:
- Is to maintain the latest records of ownership and physical details of properties under each gram panchayat jurisdiction
- Updating of details, in case of inheritance, transfer of ownership or gift of property, acquisition of land for government projects, court cases, restrictions, liabilities, etc.
- A property owner can share property details with the gram panchayat and other related government departments, courts and town planning offices, to prevent forgery and to maintain records.