Published on: February 25, 2022
EUROPEAN UNION DATA ACT
European Commission published its draft Data Act recently
WHAT IS THE AIM OF ACT – Aimed at making data sharing and using easier and set a standard at EU-wide level
WHAT IS IN THE DRAFT ACT
- Products and services should be designed to allow easy accessibility by users.
- Data access will be granted without undue delay, free of charge and in real-time.
- Data holders will provide comprehensive information on data generated when using the services or product.
- Data holder will be request by the user who provide data to a third party authorised by him.
- Calls manufacturers to allow owners of connected devices, in a bid to see what data they are gathering
- Seeks to place safeguards against unlawful data transfer
- Will be applicable to manufacturers of products and services, like cloud service providers and Internet of Things (IoT) devices in the EU.