Published on: February 25, 2022
RAMANUJAN PRIZE FOR YOUNG MATHEMATICIANS 2021
Professor Neena Gupta, conferred the Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians 2021
ABOUT THE AWARD
- Awarded annually by “International Centre for Theoretical Physics” in Italy
- Founded in 2004 and first awarded in 2005
- Awarded to researcher from a developing country who are aged below 45 years and has conducted outstanding research in developing country
- Supported by Ministry of Science and Technology (India) as well as Norwegian Academy of Science & Letters through the Abel Fund, in cooperation of “International Mathematical Union”.
- Funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST) in collaboration with International Centre for Theoretical Physics and International Mathematical Union.
- Indian mathematician
- Made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, infinite series, number theory, continued fractions, and solutions to mathematical problems, that were then considered unsolvable