Published on: March 26, 2022
EXPORT PREPAREDNESS INDEX
BY – NITI AAYOG
- In this index Gujarat has topped for the second time in a row. It is followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Haryana.
- This index is date-driven and looks to identify the key areas which are critical for subnational export promotion.
- The latest edition of the index has highlighted that most of the country’s coastal states are among the best performers.
- The index’s second edition will act as a catalyst for the promotion of competitive federalism.
- All the states and UTs of the nation are ranked by this index on four main pillars which are business ecosystem, policy, export performance, and export ecosystem.
- This index
- Provides a comprehensive analysis of the country’s export achievements
- Used by the UTs and the states to compare their respective performance with their peers
- Can also be used to analyze the challenges faced while developing better policies to foster growth from exports
- It also looks to promote fair contest among the nation’s UTs and states in the landscape of global exports.