Published on: November 2, 2023
Gudavi Bird Sanctuary
Why in news? Several birds die at Gudavi bird sanctuary in Sorab taluk
- Birds including spoonbills, herons, and black-headed ibis, were found dead.
About Gudavi Bird Sanctuary
- Gudavi Bird Sanctuary is a tourist destination in Malenadu region of Karnataka
- It is part of Soraba Taluk of Shivamogga district in Karnataka.
- It was declared as a bird sanctuary in 1986 and is now protected.
- Sanctuary has moist deciduous vegetation with grassy patches.
- It provides traditional nesting sites for more than 5,000 White or Black-headed Ibis( Near threatened species) every year and Birds including spoonbills, herons, and black-headed ibis are also found.