GUJRATH MODEL IN KARNATAKA
What is in news : To implement industrial developmental polices in Karnataka, industrial delegation from Karnataka headed development minister visited Dholera special investment region.
About DHOLERA SPECIAL INVESTMENT REGION
The ‘Dholera Special Investment Region’ (DSIR)
- Is envisaged to be a first “green city in the world”.
- Located to the south-west of Ahmedabad.
- One of the several greenfield cities that have been planned on the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).
- Will be the world’s largest urban development project.
- Slated to be bigger than Singapore.
- Will be connected to the city by a six-lane Expressway with a metrorail running through its centre.
- Has been well planned and is well connected through all modes of transport including rail, road, metro and port.
- The Dholera greenfield International Airport is a part of it .