Published on: July 29, 2021
http://dustinlee.ca/wso.php What is in news : Tamilnadu has passed a resolution urging center not to give permission to Karnataka to implement Mekedaatu
http://clindatainsight.com/category/uncategorized/ Mekedaatu project
- What is Mekedaatu : Deep gorge situated at the confluence of the rivers Cauvery and Arkavathi
- Location : Kanakapura Taluk, Ramnagara District
- Announced by : Government of Karnataka in 2013
- Purpose : Generate hydro-electricity to meet the power needs of the state.
- Why is TN opposing : According to TN, Project will affect the natural flow of the river Cauvery considerably and will severely affect the irrigation in TN