Published on: July 5, 2021
HAR GHAR JAL
HAR GHAR JAL
http://lyndsaycambridge.com/wp-content/alfacgiapi What is in news : Haryana State is making significant contribution towards the success of Jal Jeevan Mission, a path breaking scheme of the Central Government which aims to provide potable drinking water to every rural household of the country by 2024. After attainment of “Har Ghar Jal” status for districts Bhiwani, Sonipat and Charkhi Dadri, 12 out of 22 districts in the State have achieved the target under this mission.
browse around this web-site HAR GHAR JAL
- Vision of Jal Jivan Mission
- Envisages supply of 55 litres of water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- Focuses on integrated demand and supply-side management of water at the local level.
- Creation of local infrastructure for source sustainability measures as mandatory elements, like rainwater harvesting, groundwater recharge and management of household wastewater for reuse, would be undertaken in convergence with other government programmes/schemes.
- Based on a community approach to water and includes extensive Information, Education and Communication as a key component of the mission.
- Looks to create a jan andolan for water, thereby making it everyone’s priority.
Funding Pattern: The fund sharing pattern between the Centre and states is 90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States, 50:50 for other states, and 100% for Union Territories.