CROP INSURANCE AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Bielsk Podlaski What is in news : Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister has launched the Crop Insurance Awareness Campaign for Fasal Bima Yojana.
Aurogra from mexico Details :This campaign aims to bring stories of beneficiary farmers through videos and photo stories on social media. Stories of those farmers would be shared who have not only benefited from this scheme but helped entire farming community through their thought-leadership.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- Was launched on February, 18 2016
- Formulated in line with One Nation–One Scheme theme
- Replaced two schemes namely, National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) and Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS).
- Reducing premium burden on farmers and ensuring early settlement of crop assurance claim for full insured sum.
- Covers all Food & Oilseeds crops along with Annual Commercial or Horticultural Crops for which past yield data is available.
ALSO IN NEWS : Central government has agreed to demand from Maharashtra government to extend cut-off date to enrol farmers from July 15 to July 23 for Kharif season 2021 under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).