Published on: January 26, 2023
Why in news? India and Egypt agreed to elevate their bilateral ties to a ‘strategic partnership’ that covers political, security, defence, energy and economic linkages.
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, will be the chief guest at the Republic Day celebrations
- India has invited Egypt as a special guest for the G-20 summit, to show special friendship that create a long-term structure of cooperation on political, security, economic and scientific areas.
- Egypt relation with India had stayed on track and defence partnership between the two countries would help stabilise the region around the Arabian Sea.
- Both sides signed five memorandums of understanding (MoU) covering culture, cooperation on youth matters, cyber security, information and technology, and public broadcasting.
- The two delegations launched a commemorative stamp to mark the 75th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic relation.
- Sub-elements of defence cooperation like “defence training, defence exercises, cooperation both in the fields of platforms and equipment and industrial partnerships between the two countries to forge a stronger base for defence partnership
- Countries signed MoU to facilitate content exchange, capacity building, and co-productions between Prasar Bharati and National Media Authority of Egypt.
- Under its ambit, both the broadcasters will exchange their programmes of different genres like sports, news, culture, entertainment and many more areas on bilateral basis