INDIAN TELEGRAPH RIGHT OF WAY (AMENDMENT) RULES, 2021
What is in news : The Central Government has notified the Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021 on 21st October 2021 to incorporate the provisions related to nominal one-time compensation and uniform procedure for establishment of Overground Telegraph Line in the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules, 2016.
What is new :
- The amount of one-time compensation for establishment of overground telegraph line will be maximum one thousand rupees per kilometre.
- Documentation for RoW application for overground telegraph line has been made simple.
- No fee other than Administrative fee and Restoration charges for establishing, maintaining, working, repairing, transferring or shifting the underground and over ground telegraph infrastructure.
Why the amendment:
- Will ease Right of Way related permission procedures for establishment and augmentation of Digital Communications Infrastructure across the country.
- With a robust pan India digital infrastructure, the digital divide between rural-urban and rich-poor will be bridged
- E-governance and financial inclusion will be strengthened; doing business will be easy
- Information and communication needs of citizens and enterprises will be fulfilled Ultimately the dream of India’s transition to a digitally empowered economy and society will be translated into reality.