Published on: November 20, 2021
http://fabcare.com/the-unadvertised-details-in-to-the-dos-and-do/ Birth Anniversary of Indira Gandhi celebrated
- Born on November 19, 1917, Allahabad, India and died on October 31, 1984, New Delhi
- Politician who served as prime minister of India for three consecutive terms (1966–77) and a fourth term from 1980
- Daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru,the first Prime Minister of Independent India
- Attended, for one year each, Visva-Bharati University in Shantiniketan(now in Bolpur, West Bengal state) and then the University of Oxford in England.
- Joined the Congress Party in 1938.
- Became Member of the Rajya Sabha in 1964
- Was made minister of information and broadcasting by Lal Bahaddur Shastri
- Strongly supported East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) in its secessionist conflict with Pakistan in late 1971, and India’s armed forces achieved a swift and decisive victory over Pakistan that led to the creation of Bangladesh and became the first government leader to recognize the new country
- Important Contributions
- Creation of Bangladesh
- Green Revolution
- Nationalization of Banks