Published on: November 20, 2021
RANI LAXMI BAI
Furmanov The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Rani Lakshmibai on her Jayanti
- Born on 19th November 1828 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- One of the brave warriors of India’s struggle for Independence.
- In 1853, when the Maharaja of Jhansi died, the East India Company took advantage of the situation and applied the Doctrine of Lapse to annex Jhansi.
- Lakshmibai fought bravely against the British and gave a tough fight to Sir Hugh Rose so as to save her empire from annexation. She died fighting on the battlefield on June 17, 1858.
- When the Indian National Army started its first female unit (in 1943), it was named after the valiant queen of Jhansi.