Published on: October 23, 2021
INDO-TIBETIAN BORDER POLICE
Fillmore What is in news : ITBP is awarding Best Dog & Best Horse awards . These awards are being presented since 2016
Tlemcen About ITBP :
- One of five Central Armed Police Forces of India.
- Raised on 24 October 1962, under CRPF Act, in wake of 1962 Sino-Indian War.
- Provided full autonomy after Parliament enacted the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force Act, 1992.
- Works under command of Union Home Ministry.
- Motto is Shaurya – Dridhata – Karm Nishtha (English: Valour – Steadfastness and Commitment).
- Strong Central Armed Police Force of 90000 personnel.
- Primarily guards the 3,488 km long Indo-China border along Tibet Autonomous Region from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Jachep La in Arunachal Pradesh.