Published on: December 12, 2022
INNOVATION EXPERIENCE MUSEUM
Why in news? The Karnataka government will set up a Tech and Innovation Museum on the sprawling factory campus of the erstwhile NGEF (New Government Electric Factory) in Bengaluru.
- NGEF (New Government Electric Factory), a State-owned enterprise that used to manufacture pump sets, transformers, motors, switchgear, power electronics, semiconductor devices, and mechanical engineering products until 2002
- The museum, to be set under a public-private-participation model, cost over 100 crore and it would become operational in the next 24 months
- Place : Baiyappanahalli
- Leading tech hubs like Tel Aviv and Seattle have underlined their tech legacies through museums.
- International examples : Peres Centre for Peace and Innovation in Tel Aviv and Bezos Centre of Innovation in Seattle
What is the main aim of museum ?
- The proposed Innovation Experience Museum was aimed at motivating the present and future generations by offering them a narrative on the people behind building Bengaluru
- This will be a theme park of international quality.
- A learning centre with mega displays and descriptions of our innovators, their innovations and achievements that contributed to building city and grooming it to be a global brand
- This museum will be synchronised with greenery