Published on: September 27, 2021
INTERACTIVE DIGITAL AIRSPACE MAP
What is in news : Ministry of Civil Aviation released an “interactive digital airspace map” for flying drones, that demarcates areas into different zones for flying drones across India.
- Zones for flying drones also include yellow and red zones.
- The release of the map is in line with the revamped drone rules which are based on premises of self-certification and non-intrusive monitoring of the activities.
- Airspace map may be modified from time to time by authorised entities.
- Zones of flying drone
- To fly the drone and for drone operations, interactive digital airspace map divides the zones into three categories namely, green, yellow and red.
- Green zone is the airspace up to 400 feet. This zone has not been designated as red or yellow zone.
- Yellow zone is the airspace above 400 feet in the designated green zone.
- Red zone is the area within which drones can be operated with the permission of central government.