INTERNATIONAL SOLAR ALLIANCE (ISA)
Demerval Lobão The UN General Assembly has conferred Observer Status on the International Solar Alliance (ISA)
What it means : Would help provide for a well-defined cooperation between the alliance and the UN that would benefit global energy growth and development.
- Alliance of more than 122 countries
- Initiated by India
- Most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
- Now extended to all members of UN.
- Established By The Paris Declaration
- Entered into force on December 6th, 2017
- Formally became a de-jure treaty based International Intergovernmental Organization
- Headquartered at Gurugram, India.
- Dedicated to the promotion of solar energy among its member countries.
- Global deployment of over 1,000GW of solar generation capacity
- Mobilisation of investment of over US$ 1000 billion into solar energy by 2030