J. C Bose
Al ‘Ayyāţ Why in news?
http://ccritz.com/config.php Ministry of Culture organizes International conference on the contributions of “J C Bose: A Satyagrahi Scientist” as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsava.
- The aim of the conference was to provide a voice to the unheard contributions of Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose in the walks of the pre-independence era as a scientist and a freedom fighter.
About Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose
- Pioneered the investigation of radio microwave optics, made significant contributions to botany, and was a major force behind the expansion of experimental science on the Indian subcontinent.
- He has been named one of the fathers of radio science.
- Bose is considered the father of Bengali science fiction.
- He invented the Cresco graph, a device for measuring the growth of plants.
- A crater on the moon was named in his honour.
- He founded Bose Institute, a premier research institute in India and also one of its oldest. Established in 1917, the institute was the first interdisciplinary research centre in Asia.
Books : Living and Non-Living (1902) and The Nervous Mechanism of Plants