Published on: November 21, 2022
Kashi- Tamil Sangamam
Why in news?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi formally inaugurated the month-long Kashi-Tamil Sangamam in Varanasi
- The 30- day event aimed at rediscovering centuries-old bond of knowledge and ancient civilizational linkage between the country’s north and south
- It will give a glimpse of the Dravidian culture and the cuisine and music of Tamil Nadu to the people of Uttar Pradesh
- An initiative of the central government as part of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and uphold the spirit of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Formal inauguration : Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Knowledge partner : Indian Institute Of Technology–Madras and Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Parent ministry : the Ministry of Education
- Building a heritage bridge through this programme for the new generation was a key feature of the National Education Policy.
- Sangamam was proposed by academician Chamu Krishna Shastri, chairman of the Indian Language Committee under the Ministry of Education.
- Academic exchanges, including seminars and discussions will be held on various facets of the two ancient manifestations of Indian culture, with focus on bringing out the links and shared values are included in the programme