Published on: December 9, 2021
KEN-BETWA RIVER INTERLINKING PROJECT
http://nextstepcc.com/fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400,500 The Union Cabinet approved the funding and implementation of the Ken-Betwa river interlinking project
- Project aims to transfer surplus water from the Ken river in MP to Betwa in UP
- To irrigate the drought-prone Bundelkhand region
- Ken and Betwa rivers originate in MP and are the tributaries of Yamuna.
- Ken meets with Yamuna in Banda district of UP and with Betwa in Hamirpur district of UP.
- Rajghat, Paricha and Matatila dams are over Betwa river.
- Ken River passes through Panna tiger reserve.
- Benefits of interlinking:
- Enhances water and food security.
- Proper utilisation of water.
- Boost to agriculture.
- Disaster mitigation.
- Boost to transportation.