Published on: November 24, 2021
buy Lyrica usa NEWS
http://lucfr.co.uk/donate/ Andhra Assembly withdraws resolution to abolish Legislative Council. Government had passed the statutory resolution in January 2020 under Article 169(1) of the Constitution
ABOUT LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL
- Upper house in those states of India that have a bicameral state legislature
- At present 6 states have a State Legislative Council. These are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Maharashtra, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh The latest state to have a council is Telangana.
- To represent the people
- To legislate and to scrutinise the executive government as a ‘House of review’.
- Provides an alternative and complementary system of representation to that of the Legislative Assembly.
- According to Article 169, the Parliament can create or abolish the SLC of a state if that state’s legislature passes a resolution for that with a special majority.