Mahakal Lok corridor
argumentatively Why in news?
http://veritascaritas.com/podcast-download/1153/qa-pt-4-scandal-divine-providence.mp3?ref=new_window Modi inaugurated the 900-metre-long Mahakal Lok corridor built at the Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- The corridor has around 108 aesthetically ornate pillars made of intricately carved sandstones that depict the Anand Tandav Swaroop [a form of dance of Lord Shiva], 200 statues and murals of Lord Shiva and goddess
- It also has gushing fountains surrounded by artistic sculptures of the deity as well as 53 illuminated murals depicting stories from the Shiv Puran.
- The more than 900-metre-long Mahakal Path (corridor), one of the largest corridors in the country, spreads around the old Rudrasagar Lake that has also been revived as part of the redevelopment project around the famous Mahakaleshwar Temple.
- Two majestic gateways — Nandi Dwar and Pinaki Dwar — separated by a short distance, have been erected near the starting point of the corridor, which winds its way to the temple’s entrance and offers an aesthetic view along the way
- The first phase of the project is expected to significantly boost tourism in this city of Madhya Pradesh.