Published on: July 15, 2021
MEGHALAYA YOUTH POLICY
What is in news : The cabinet of the state of Meghalaya has approved the Meghalaya Youth Policy 2021.
ABOUT THE POLICY
- Aims to create a field for the youths of the state in achieving their full potential and becoming skilled, engaged, responsible, creative, and empowered members of the state as well as the country.
- 31% of the population of the state falls in the 15-29 years age category and this policy was much needed to channelize the youths towards a productive future.
- Aims to address major concerns on nine identified key areas that are Education, Counselling & Mentoring, Health & Wellbeing, Sports, Employment Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Engagement & Leadership, Cultural & creative industries and Inclusion and Environmental Consciousness.
- Success and implementation of this policy are based on various performance indicators which includes human resource development, infrastructure creation and up gradation, awareness campaigns and various other parameters.
- Policy covers the lifecycle of youth and includes early childhood interventions which are implemented through various policies such as Meghalaya School Improvement Plan (MSIP), Early Childhood Education Mission, FIT India, setup of academies of excellence in the area of arts and culture and sports infrastructure up-gradation.