MV Ganga Vilas
http://kyleschen.com/2014/03/15/simplicity-in-action/ Why in news? how to buy prednisone from canada Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the world’s longest river cruise MV Ganga Vilas and the tent city at Varanasi.
- MV Ganga Vilas is the first indigenously made cruise vessel in India
- Nature : It has three decks, 18 suites on board with a capacity of 36 tourists, with all the modern amenities.
- Period : 51 days
- Distance : 3,200 km
- Major states: 5
- Route : 50 places, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh to Dibrugarh in Assam via Bangladesh, sailing across 27 river systems in India and Bangladesh
- Multiple destinations : Kashi, Patna Sahib, Bodh Gaya, Vikramshila, Dhaka ,Kaziranga National Park and the Sundarbans
- Major cities: Patna in Bihar, Sahibganj in Jharkhand, Kolkata in West Bengal, Dhaka in Bangladesh and Guwahati in Assam
- Cruise movement : National Waterways 2 (Brahmaputra).
- Coordinator: Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways to ship tourism project.
- Managed by private operators, the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), under the Ministry of Shipping, Ports and Waterways (MoPSW)
About National Waterway 2
- River : Brahmaputra
- North end: Sadiya
- South end: Bangladesh border
- Owner: Inland Waterways Authority of India
- Fixed terminals: Pandu Port.
- Floating terminals: Dhubri Port, Jogighopa, Tezpur, Silghat, Dibrugarh, Jamuguri, Bogibil, Saikhowa and Sadiya
Tent city at Varanasi
- Conceptualized on the banks of River Ganga to tap the potential of tourism in the region.
- Located at opposite to city Ghats that provide accommodation facilities and cater to the increased tourists influx in Varanasi
- Developed by: Varanasi Development Authority in PPP mode.
- Operational time: October to June every year and will be dismantled for three months due to rise in river water level in the rainy season.