Published on: December 29, 2022
National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
i need to buy prednisone Why in news? NCPCR warns NGOs against depiction of vulnerable children for fundraising
- The practice of civil society organisations using representative visuals for fundraising activities concerning development issues such as malnutrition now faces new scrutiny with the NCPCR issuing a directive to NGOs to not depict vulnerable children .
- Nature: Statutory body
- Established by an Act of Parliament, the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005.
- Parent Organization : Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson(person of eminence and has done an outstanding work for promoting the welfare of children)
- Six members, out of which at least two are woman( appointed by the Central Government from amongst person of eminence, ability, integrity, standing and experience)
- Commission launched the portal GHAR (Go Home and Reunite),for purpose of restoration and repatriation of children.