Published on: January 14, 2022
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING
Zutphen The committee to select the next director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) held interactions with a few shortlisted candidates recently
- Autonomous organisation
- Set up in 1961
- Assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education.
- The major objectives –
- undertake, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education
- prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals and develops educational kits, multimedia digital materials, etc.
- organise pre-service and in-service training of teachers
- develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices
- collaborate and network with state educational departments, universities, NGOs and other educational institutions
- act as a clearing house for ideas and information in matters related to school education; and act as a nodal agency for achieving the goals of Universalization of Elementary Education.