Published on: January 14, 2022
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING
The committee to select the next director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) held interactions with a few shortlisted candidates recently
- Autonomous organisation
- Set up in 1961
- Assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education.
- The major objectives –
- undertake, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education
- prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals and develops educational kits, multimedia digital materials, etc.
- organise pre-service and in-service training of teachers
- develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices
- collaborate and network with state educational departments, universities, NGOs and other educational institutions
- act as a clearing house for ideas and information in matters related to school education; and act as a nodal agency for achieving the goals of Universalization of Elementary Education.