Published on: September 29, 2021
NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
cheap disulfiram What is in news : 17th Foundation Day celebrations of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) was recently celebrated
heartily About :
- Headed by the Prime Minister of India
- Apex body for Disaster Management in India
- Create an enabling environment for institutional mechanisms at the State and District levels is mandated by the Disaster Management Act, 2005
- Mandated to lay down the policies, plans and guidelines for Disaster Management. India envisions the development of an ethos of Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness and Response.
- Strives to promote a national resolve to mitigate the damage and destruction caused by natural and man-made disasters, through sustained and collective efforts of all Government agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations and People’s participation. This is planned to be accomplished by adopting a Technology-Driven, Pro-Active, Multi-Hazard and Multi-Sectoral strategy for building a Safer, Disaster Resilient and Dynamic India.
- NDMA Logo reflects the aspirations of this National Vision, of empowering all stakeholders to improve the effectiveness of Disaster Management in India. NDMA has 5 major divisions viz. Policy & Plans, Mitigation , Operations & Communications & Information & Technology , Administration and Finance.
Aapada Mitra scheme
- To train able-bodied community volunteers in disaster response (flood relief and rescue) at the taluka/block level in each of the project districts. These trained volunteers will be called as “Aapda Mitra”.
- To develop standardized training modules for the set of trainings under the scheme.
- To train the volunteers in life saving skills of disaster response, coordination and assistance, and protective equipment and emergency responder kit.
- To disseminate training and education tools developed under the project to more number of flood prone districts in subsequent phases of the scheme