National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
Kostroma Why in news?
Guanabacoa Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, chaired the 5th meeting of the Governing Council (GC) of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) about investment opportunities in the economy
About National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
- It is India’s first infrastructure specific investment fund or a sovereign wealth fund by the Government of India
- Objective : Maximize economic impact mainly through infrastructure investment in commercially viable projects, both greenfield and brownfield.
- Type: Alternative Investment Fund
- Key person: Sujoy Bose, CEO
- Chaired : Finance Minister of India and has members from corporate bodies, investments and policy sectors.
- Master Fund: Primarily investing in operating assets in the core infrastructure sectors such as roads, ports, airports, power
- Fund of Funds: invest in funds managed by fund managers who have good track records in infrastructure and associated sectors in India
- Strategic Opportunities Fund: To invest largely in equity and equity-linked instruments.
- First investment agreement: Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).
- Domestic Institutional Investors : HDFC group, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Life and Axis bank