NATIONAL PUBLIC PROCUREMENT CONCLAVE
What is in news : The 5th edition of the National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) was recently organized
By: Government e-Marketplace (GeM) (in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry [CII])
Theme : “Technology enabled Government Procurement – Towards Efficiency, Transparency, and Inclusiveness”
Highlights of the conclave :
- Overview session on GeM
- Discussions ranging from promotion of MSMEs in public procurement to how fintech can enable access to credit for sellers and service providers doing business with the Government
- B2B and B2G meetings between Govt. buyers and sellers
- Digital Exhibition of various products and services by sellers
Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
- GeM is a one-stop National Public Procurement Portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Central and State Government Departments / Organizations /Public Sector Undertakings ( PSUs).
- It was launched in 2016 to bring transparency and efficiency in the government buying process.
- It operates under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The procurement of goods and services by Ministries and the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) is mandatory for goods and services available on GeM.
- It also provides the tools of e-bidding and reverse e-auction to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money.