New Chairman of Quality Council of India
order neurontin over the counter Why in news?
alway Shri Jaxay Shah, former Chairman of CREDAI and founder Chairman of Savvy Group has been appointed as the Chairman of Quality Council of India (QCI) for a period of three years
About Quality council of India
- QCI was established in 1997 through a Cabinet Note by the Government of India.
- It is mandated to promote quality in the country through national accreditation of testing, inspection and certification bodies which is internationally recognised, driving third-party assessments across sectors.
- It also undertakes capacity building initiatives for sensitizing industry & consumers on quality and running a national quality campaign to ensure quality of life for every Indian citizen.
- It has been instrumental in expanding India’s quality of RTPCR testing capacity through accreditation during COVID-19.
- It has also been leading pioneering transformational projects such as Open Network for Digital Commerce, Unnati Employment Network, Made in India Scheme, National Programme Management Policy and Framework, CPGRAMS redress monitoring, and Transformation of Food Corporation of India many of which have been undertaken in the spirit of the Prime Minister’s vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.