Published on: October 22, 2022
Snippets: 22 October 2022
- Roping in Indian Railways, the Karnataka government has announced a programme “for strengthening cultural bonds” between Karnataka and Varanasi under the ‘Karnataka-Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan’. Special trains will operate between Bengaluru and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh
- World poets’ meet at Ballari. Poets from across the world have gathered in Ballari for an event described as the first of its kind in Karnataka.
- Defence public sector undertaking BEML Ltd has bagged the ‘Raksha Mantri’s Award for Excellence’ under the group award category for design and development of 180 tonne class electric hydraulic excavator
- A pilot project in the Eastern Himalayas is set to usher in smarter facilities for raising the living standards of troops posted along the border with China in the Tawang sector of western Arunachal Pradesh
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) and Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) Collaborate for innovations in Financial Product and Services that will plan, design and execute innovative products and offerings to bridge the existing gap by bringing digitalised services at the customer’s doorstep.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed monetary as well as behavioral sanctions on MMT-Go (MakeMyTrip and GoIbibo) for abusing its dominant position and also for having anti-competitive arrangement with OYO (Oravel Stays Limited). Monetary penalty is also imposed on OYO for its anti-competitive arrangement with MMT-Go vide which MMT-Go delisted the competitors of OYO from its online portals in 2018.
- Madhya Pradesh as venue for next Khelo India Youth Games. Water Sports to be introduced for the first ever time in the event
- ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ is a website for contribution to Armed Forces Battle Casualties Welfare Fund. The AFBCWF is a Tri-Service fund, which is utilised for grant of immediate financial assistance to the families of soldiers/sailors/airmen who lay down their lives or get grievously injured in active military operations.
- FATF as the international watchdog on terror financing and money laundering agree to remove Pakistan’s name from the list of countries under ‘increased monitoring
- Shri Jaxay Shah, former Chairman of CREDAI and founder Chairman of Savvy Group has been appointed as the Chairman of Quality Council of India (QCI) for a period of three years