NEW COUNCIL OF MINISTERS – KARNATAKA
What is in news : New Chief minister of Karnataka has inducted 29 new council of ministers
What is in constitution :
- Article 163 – Council of Ministers to aid and advise Governor
- Article 164 – Ministers are appointed by Governor on aid & advice of Chief Minister
- The minimum strength of council of ministers in a state as per Constitution is 12 and maximum is 15 percent of Legislative Assembly.
- Oaths for ministers : oaths of office and of secrecy.
- The Governor has discretionary powers and the validity of acts done using the discretionary powers cannot be questioned.
Did you know : President of India does not have existence without council of ministers, but Governor has (at the time of President’s rule).