NEW INITIATIVES IN THE EDUCATION SECTOR
What is in news : Recently, the Prime Minister launched multiple initiatives in the education sector at a conference, to mark the completion of one year of reforms under the National Education Policy 2020 which aims at making India a global knowledge superpower.
Academic Bank of Credit:
- Envisaged as a digital bank that holds the credit earned by a student in any course.
- Major instrument for facilitating multidisciplinary and holistic education.
- Will provide multiple entry and exit options for students in Higher education.
- Make the youth future-oriented and open the way for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) -driven economy.
Engineering in Regional Languages:
- 14 engineering colleges in eight States are going to start engineering studies in five Indian languages: Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Bangla.
- Will instil confidence in the students from poor, rural and tribal backgrounds.
Vidya Pravesh & SAFAL: Vidya Pravesh, a three month play based school preparation module for Grade 1 students will be released along with SAFAL (Structured Assessment For Analyzing Learning Levels), a competency based assessment framework for Grades 3, 5 and 8 in CBSE schools.
National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR):
- Building up a new education ecosystem that will create a digital foundation leading to self-governance of all parties involved, particularly states and the Centre.
- It lets educationists do evaluation based on talents and abilities, helping students understand their area of specialties that can be utilised in their future profession.