Published on: June 6, 2023
Why in news NIRF Ranking 2023 released by the Ministry of Education.
- Best educational institution in overall ranking – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras (fifth consecutive term)
- Best university – Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (eighth consecutive term)
- Best college – Miranda House, Delhi
- Top management institute – Indian Institute of Management, Ahemdabad
- Best Pharma institute – National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Best medical college – The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Best dental college – Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai
- Best engineering college – Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Best agriculture institute – Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- Best institute in Innovation – The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Top rankings from Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) has retained its second spot in the management category
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru, retained its fourth spot in the medical category
- The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) took the top spot in the law category
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education in Manipal (rank 16), National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NIT-K), Surathkal (rank 38), and JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research in Mysuru, are among the seven institutions from Karnataka to feature in the overall category rankings.
About NIRF Ranking
- By the Ministry of Education, Government of India
- Aim – To rank institutions of higher education in India.
- Categories – overall, university, colleges, engineering, management, pharmacy, law, medical, architecture, dental and research
- The Framework uses several parameters for ranking purposes like resources, research, and stakeholder perception