Published on: September 27, 2023
“Our Monument: Our Heritage, Our Identity, Our Pride”
Why in news? Chief Minister Siddaramaiah inaugurated “Our Monument: Our Heritage, Our Identity, Our Pride” campaign.
- Campaign was organised by the Tourism and Archaeology, Museums and Heritage Department
- With more than 800 protected monuments in the State, 280 monuments have been identified for the project.
- Namma Smaraka, digital platform by the departments of Tourism, and Archaeology, Museums and Heritage, helps companies and individuals to adopt a heritage site for maintenance and protection .
What is the main aim of the project?
- It aims to attract private sector towards conservation of monuments and develop them into tourism sites.
- Scheme will expand state’s tourism industry, national pride in its culture and prosper the financial sector.
- Various organisations signed MoUs for adopting sites, with Brigade Foundation signing up for renovation of Venkatappa Art Gallery in Bengaluru.
- At central level, ‘Adopt a Heritage 2.0’ programme seeks to foster collaboration with corporate stakeholders to contribute in preserving the historical monuments for upcoming generations