‘Namma BMTC’ mobile app
Why in news? Recently, New Namma BMTC Mobile app was launched
- The app was launched by BMTC as part of its silver jubilee celebrations.
- BMTC has received funds from the Central Government under Nirbhaya Scheme for women safety
What are the features of the App?
- App will provide women safety feature, in-bus surveillance system in city buses and passenger information system (PIS) at Bus stops.
- Women commuters can use the app to seek remote assistance in case of an emergency
- It helps to track movements of women passengers when support is sought by them
Presently, 5,000 buses can be tracked with onboard devices, vehicle tracking devices to know the location of the buses installed, panic buttons, 10,000 CCTV cameras, and a surveillance system has been installed with Passenger Information System Boards for displaying estimated time of arrival and departure at a bus stand and stations have been installed