Published on: March 30, 2022
Polar Science and Cryosphere (PACER) scheme has been approved for continuation by the Union Cabinet from 2021 to 2026
buy antabuse canada THE SCHEME
Implemented through the National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (NCPOR)
- Construction of polar research vessel
- Construction of the third research base in Antarctica
- Indian scientific endeavours in the Arctic
- Polar expeditions-Antarctica
- Southern Ocean Expedition
- Field-based studies were conducted in the lakes of Larsemann Hills, East Antarctica for the understanding of biogeochemical processes in supraglacial environments.
- The IndARC mooring system along with the Hydrophone system was successfully retrieved and deployed in Kongsfjorden, Svalbard.
- Glaciological field campaigns were carried out in six benchmark glaciers in Chandra basin of Lahaul-Spiti region of Western Himalaya.
- Winter snow accumulation over the glaciers was recorded using snow pits and snow
- Two new Automatic Weather Station (AWS) systems were installed at Baralacha La, a high elevation site in the arid Spiti region to strengthen infrastructure across the Chandra basin.
- The 11th Indian Southern Ocean Expedition was executed successfully