Published on: August 6, 2021
- Indian freedom fighter
- Architect behind the design of Indian national flag
- Born : 1876
- Native : Andra Pradesh
- Also known as ‘Jhanda Venkaiah’
- Worked as lecturer in the Andhra National College in Machilipatnam.
buy accutane online forum What is in news : Birth Anniversary of Pingali Venkaiah celebrated
Evolution of National Flag :
- Venkayya raised the issue of having an own flag in every session of the Congress
- Met the Mahatma once again in Vijayawada and showed him his publication with the various designs of the flag.
- Acknowledging the need for a national flag, Gandhi then asked Venkayya to design a fresh one at the national congress meeting in 1921.
- Initially, Venkayya came up with saffron and green colours, but it later evolved with a spinning wheel at the centre and a third colour-white
- The flag was officially adopted by the Indian National Congress in 1931
|LALA HANS RAJ SONDHI suggested adding a spinning wheel — showing the independent Indian’s who can spin their own clothing from local fibres.|