cytotec precio Why in news? Ministry of Rural Development launches Prajjwala Challenge inviting ideas, solutions and actions to transform rural economy with special focus on rural women belonging to the marginalised rural communities in India.
- It seeks to expand interest and partnership, mobilise and harvest the power of experts, academia, practitioners, youth, start- ups, Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Self – Help Groups (SHGs) and their institutions like Village Level Organisations (VOs) / Primary Level Federations (PLFs), Block Level Federations (BLFs), Cluster Level Federations (CLFs), Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs), Producer Groups (PGs), Producer Enterprises (PEs), Producer Companies, Cooperative Societies etc. to bring new and innovative ideas to transform the rural economy.
- This is a first of its kind nationwide initiative to provide thoughtful minds a platform to present new, innovative and scalable pathways for rural economic transformation in India.
- The top 5 ideas will be rewarded with Rs. 2 Lakh each.
The broad contours fall into following categories:
- Focus on Women and Marginalized section of community
- Localised Models
- Cost Effective solutions
- Multi sectoral ideas and solutions
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)
- Parent Organization: Ministry of Rural Development
- Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) was in 2011 as a restructured version of Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojna (SGSY)
- Aim : Creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor, enabling them to increase household income through sustainable livelihoods enhancements and improved access to financial services
- The idea behind this program is to organize the poor into SHG (Self Help Groups) groups and make them capable of self-employment.
- These platforms, with the support of their built-up human and social capital, offer a variety of livelihoods services to their members across the value-chains of key products and services of the poor.
Government has introduced a new sub-scheme this entitled “Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana ”
- To provide an alternative source of livelihoods to members of SHGs under DAY – NRLM by facilitating them to operate public transport services in backward rural areas, as identified by the States
- To provide safe, affordable and community monitored rural transport services to connect remote villages with key services and amenities (including access to markets, education and health) for the overall economic development of the area by making use of the supports available within the framework of DAY – NRLM.