Published on: October 25, 2021
PRIME MINISTERS MUSEUM
Kokstad What is in news : The Prime Ministers’ Museum on the Teen Murti Bhavan premises is likely to miss yet another deadline, this time the “October, 2021” tentative date, for completion
- Teen Murti Estate is under the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Complex will be constructed with a built up area of 10975.36 sq meters
- Comprises of basement, ground and first floor with galleries at all the three levels.
- Will include an orientation space, souvenir shop, space for organising talks and discussions, seminar halls, auditorium, workshop areas, library, documentation room, laboratory and archive areas.
- Design shall be symbolic of an emergent and rising India, shaped over the years by its eminent leaders and would focus on collecting, documenting, researching and disseminating information in respect of all the Prime Ministers of India.
- Envisaged to give visitors a holistic understanding of the continued thread of leadership.
- Single institution where the visitors can learn about the Prime Minister’s Office, its evolution, role and centrality to governance at the Union level.
- Depict Modern India through collections relating to each of the Prime Ministers of India, their lives, works and significant contributions made towards nation building.
- Bring India’s democratic experience alive to the visitors.
- Encourage curiosity and research about the role of PM and his office.
- Provide an interactive and informative experience to the visitors and youth of India through state of the art audio-visual technology and effective modes of communication.