Published on: October 25, 2021
http://nitetrainband.com/index.php?rest_route=/wp/v2/pages/179 What is in news : The Prime Minister has paid tributes to cartoonist RK Laxman on his 100th birth anniversary
Papalotla About :
- Rasipuram Krishnaswami Laxman (24 October 1921 – 26 January 2015) was an Indian cartoonist, illustrator, and humorist.
- The Common Man is a cartoon character created by Indian author and cartoonist R. K. Laxman.
- For over a half of a century, the Common Man has represented the hopes, aspirations, troubles and perhaps even foibles of the average Indian, through a daily comic strip, “You Said It” in The Times of India. The comic was started in 1951.
- It became one of the most recognised feature on The Times of India the largest-circulation English language daily broadsheet newspaper in the world.
- Created a popular mascot for the Asian Paints Ltd group called “Gattu” in 1954.
- Awarded Padma Vibhushan (2005) and Ramon Magsaysay Award for Journalism, Literature and Creative Communication Arts (1984).